5 Ultimate Shopping Destinations in Cagayan de Oro
Image Source | cdopedia.com
There’s a particular joy one gets when shopping (hi, ladies). The happy mood you get at the mall isn’t only from savoring a break. Research suggests that when you think about making a purchase, your brain releases dopamine, the chemical that triggers feelings of happiness. And Cagayan de Oro boasts of a lot of happiness to give. Check out these ultimate shopping destinations in the city:
- Divisoria Night Market – Also, known as the “Golden Friendship Park,” Plaza Divisoria becomes an attraction during the Night Market where people gather for live entertainment, food, and bargain shopping. Usually before sunset, the local traffic is closed off, and various stalls are set up along the streets which include food kiosks, fruit stands, and ukay-ukay stalls. Street hawkers and vendors selling various merchandise items can also be seen around. A 15-minute walk away from the Budgetel Inn in the city, this plaza is open from 6pm up to 3am every Friday and Saturday night.
- SM City Cagayan de Oro – They’ve really got it all for you. It is the first SM Supermall in Northern Mindanao. The mall, which is surrounded by subdivisions and condominiums, is located along Pueblo de Oro Township. The mall features major and minor anchors such as SM Store, SM Supermarket, Cyberzone, SM Appliance Center, Ace Hardware, Toy Kingdom and SM Cinemas. Compared to other SM malls in the country, this one is quite small. But it does offer some sort of a refuge if you want to take a relaxing stroll to escape the city stress and chaos even for a while. You can never go wrong with SM.
- Limketkai Center (LKKC) – Among the many malls in Cagayan de Oro, LKKC is one of the more spacious malls. Robinsons and Shopwise are also located in this area. Limketkai Center is a mixed-use development in Cagayan de Oro City that features an expansive mall, hotels, call centers, and high-rise condominiums soon. It is one of the oldest shopping malls in the city, yet continuously innovates and adapts to the modern times. You will find both local and imported brands, and shops at the ever-expanding shopping area. It’s definitely an exquisite place for shopping.
- Centrio Mall — is an integrated mixed-use complex composed of a shopping mall, a hotel, a BPO/office building and a condominium tower located along Capt. Vicente Roa St. and Corrales Ave., cor. Claro M. Recto Avenue in Cagayan de Oro City. Filipinos love going to malls to dine, shop, and spend time with their love ones, so Centrio is a perfect place. The mall’s alfresco area was built around two large and old acacia which are believed to be Goyo and became the foundation of its mini-park called Centrio Mall Garden. Overall, it is a very nice place to relax and spend time with the family.
- Gaisano – Gaisano Cagayan De Oro is a Shopping Centers and Malls located in C. M. Recto Avenue, corner Corrales Extension Cagayan de Oro. It is one of the oldest malls in the city and has an expansive department and grocery store. It also carries high-end brands, but it has a competitive edge with its low-priced, and affordable product brands. Your stay at Cagayan de Oro won’t be complete without a shopping trip at Gaisano – definitely a must visit!